WHAT IS PRANCING PONIES LEADERSHIP SUMMER ACADEMY?
The Prancing Ponies Leadership Academy accepts up to 10 girls each summer for 6 weeks to learn life and leadership skills. The Academy accepts applications from girls who are in their 2 or 3 year University program in the US.
The Academy focuses on five fundamental areas of leadership instruction:
- Presentation skills: Creating & giving presentations. Self-brand management. Social media presence.
- Financial: Managing a budget and a P&L statement. Salary negotiation.
- Conflict Management: Using your intuition as a decision-making tool and managing inter-office dynamics.
- Mentoring: Individualizing their learning experience and providing guidance to optimal information integration.
- Language(Abroad Academy Only): Learning and applying basic level of foreign language skills throughout Academy and internship.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications for the 2018 Prancing Ponies Foundation Leadership-Summer Academy is now available.
Below are requirements to apply to this year’s Academy.
- Completion of University girls by June 1, 2018
- Available for the Academy dates of June 25, 2018 – August 3, 2018
The application process will consist of the following phases:
Phase I The application:
a. Written biography and resume (why you are a good fit for the program and what is your plan for optimizing your experience abroad)
b. Two recommendation letters (one from a current teacher and/or program manager and one from your parent/guardian)
c. Academic transcript
d. Financial certification
Phase II Verification/Validation:
Once your application has been reviewed and considered for progression through the process we will verify and validate all information provided including financial status. You may receive additional questions about the information provided during this phase.
Phase III In-Person interview:
All applicants are required to complete an in-person interview for consideration to the Leadership Summer Academy. Applicants will be contacted to meet the Prancing Ponies Interview team for an in-person interview via email.
Phase IV Acceptance/Decline:
All applicants will be informed of their acceptance/decline via email on or before June 5, 2018.
If you’d like to receive updates please email our Leadership Academy team.